Our Mission and Vision
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Waynesboro was established in 1955 as a place where people can practice liberal religion in the Shenandoah Valley. Unitarian Universalism is a creedless faith with roots in the radical Reformation within the Christian traditions. We hold that there is no single religious path, and each person has the right to pursue an individual quest for truth and meaning. We trust that it is the nature of our commitments and relationships, rather than the details of our personally held beliefs, that brings us together in a spiritual community.
The following vision and mission statements were adopted by the vote of the Fellowship in 2016 and 2017, respectively:
In keeping with our faith and inspired by our Vision, it is the mission of the Unitarian Universalist fellowship of Waynesboro to:
- Grow a loving, active and welcoming community, practicing grace and understanding in all we do.
- Contribute to the creation of a kinder and more just world through consistently courageous action as an ally and defender of the marginalized and oppressed.
- Expand our commitment to the stewardship of our planet for future generations through personal and congregational action.
- Build our fellowship into an essential resource for liberal religion in the Valley by providing for the spiritual development of adults and children.
- Invest in the future of our Fellowship through personally significant commitments of our time, talents, and resources.