Children and Youth
Children attend Religious Education classes most Sundays during the regular service. Classes are held in the Chalice House next door to the Fellowship Hall. Several times during the year children and adults attend services together at our inter-generational services.
Goals for Children’s RE are to:
- Make children and youth feel warmly welcomed and appreciated.
- Provide a place for children to ask and answer some of their own spiritual questions.
- Provide the opportunity to learn about Unitarian Universalism and other religions.
- Encourage spiritual growth and create experiences that enhance a child’s sense of wonder and awe.
- Model a sense of community where peace, respect, and justice prevail.
Children attend the first 10-15 mins of service and then the congregation “sings them out” as they leave with their RE teachers to their classes.
Religious education classes follow age-appropriate curricula chosen by the Director of Religious Education and the RE committee. Using the provided curriculum, UUFW members volunteer to lead RE classes.